Thursday 5 January 2012

A resolution I can get behind

It's that time of year, when my Twitter feed is jammed with unrealistic and nauseating tweets about how people are going to make 2012 the best year yet, how they are going to get fit, quit all their awful habits and travel to the edges of the earth. Let's be serious, we all know that in a week or two most of these will be forgotten and people will be back to their usual ways.

That's why this year I am suggesting a resolution that I think we can all get behind - stop the sexy time photos on your social media pages, that includes all of them, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, all of them. You know what is not ok, photos of you in your underwear on Facebook, I don't care if you are a model, an aspiring model, or training for a swimsuit competition, or that the photos were "done professionally". There is no excuse that is going to make this ok with me. Stop taking your profile photo from above so your cleavage is the first and only thing anyone sees. Finally, just because the photo is done in black and white, or altered with a finish from Instagram, does not make it classy.

I get it, you are fit, and or hot, that's fantastic for you, and let's not misunderstand my objection to these photos, go ahead and take all the photos you want, take millions of these photos, hell frame them and put them up in your house. But you do not need to post them on the world wide web. I think that some of these sexy time offenders must have siblings or other family members on their Facebook, and I can tell you with certainty I know my family sure as heck doesn't want to see me filling their news feed with photos of me in my underwear, or me laying seductively in the waves on my most recent trip.

Let's make 2012 the year we regain our common sense. Let's all work together to ensure those photos stay private or at the very least they don't make their way to your Facebook page.

To ensure we are all on the same page - Photo A is a-ok, Photo B is not ok

Photo A -


Photo B - (for the record, I do not know this girl, but this photo is widely available on the internet, again proving the point that if you put those photos out there, people can and will see them)

No comments:

Post a Comment